One of my close friends, Preston, came to my house and stayed the night with our family to keep me some company. We have known each other since middle school, so we are both pretty at ease at recognizing the fact we are slowly aging into oblivion so why not do amazing life stuff anyway.
Preston eats a lot. Like, literally his stomach is an endless wasteland. I got creative and remade some of my favorite snack bites from New York.
These date balls are pretty simple. We gave them a cheesy name to make it more fun for the blog.
This recipe calls for some stuff probably already in your cabinets or fridge- but for those who aren’t exactly “foodies”, you may need to pick up a few items. Don’t worry, everything is relatively cheap and will probably last you a lifetime of batches.
“First Date” Snacks
- 12-15 pitted dates
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 3-4 TBSPs Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- OPTIONAL ADD INS: chocolate chips, dried fruit, flax seeds, etc
- Get your food processor out (or blender, if it is strong enough. I just used my Ninja Blender setup.)
- Put all dem’ ingredients inside
- Blend for 30 or so seconds, or until the ingredients are shredded down to the same small size.
- Use a spoon and/or your hands to shape the ingredients into small, ping-pong sized balls.
- Place on a tray and set in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.
Please enjoy and let me know if you make and like them!